An Out-of-Agency Contract for Services application to LAFCO may only be initiated by resolution of the city or special district proposing to provide services outside its boundaries.
The Out-of-agency contract for services application will not be deemed complete unless all the following requirements are fulfilled:
- Completed Out of Agency Contract for Services Application Form (Click to download then complete and save form using Adobe Acrobat)
- Certified resolution from agency requesting LAFCO action
- Signed contract between agency and property owners seeking service that stipulates the terms and conditions of extending service to the property and indicates that service is contingent on LAFCO approval
- Map depicting properties seeking service and existing boundaries including city, urban service area and sphere of influence boundaries.
- Environmental documentation to comply with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA):
(a) Completed Environmental Information Form if requesting categorical exemption from CEQA; OR
(b) Three copies and a compact disc of Negative Declaration/ Mitigated Negative Declaration plus Initial Study with certifying resolution; OR
(c) Three copies and a compact disc of Environmental Impact Report with certifying resolution.
- If proposal is requested to alleviate a health and safety concern, a letter from County Environmental Health Department or other appropriate agency describing the situation is required
- List of Assessors Parcel Numbers of all properties in the proposal territory along with acreage, existing land uses, and current & proposed general plan & zoning designations.
- All staff reports pertaining to the proposal that are submitted to an agency’s planning commission, council or board.
- Party Disclosure Forms must be completed by a party, i.e., any person who files an application for a LAFCO proceeding, or who is subject of a LAFCO proceeding.
- Lobbying Disclosure Forms must be filed by the applicant listing all lobbyists hired to influence the action taken by LAFCO on the application. This form must be updated one week prior to LAFCO hearing date of application, if necessary.
- Indemnification Agreement in the form prescribed, signed by the applicant.
- LAFCO Filing fees.
- Any additional information required by the Executive Officer.
Administrative Approval Requests
Administrative Approval Requests require the following additional information:
- Certified resolution from agency requesting LAFCO administrative approval stating that an urgent health and safety concern exists, which requires immediate action
- Letter from County Environmental Health or other appropriate agency stating that an immediate danger to health and safety exists, repair of the existing system is not possible and that there are physical restrictions that prohibit a conventional service delivery method typically suited to the unincorporated area (i.e., septic tank, private well, etc.)
Pursuant to Government Code Sections 56100.1, 56300, 56700.1, 57009 and 81000 et seq., any person or combination of persons who directly or indirectly contribute(s) a total of $1,000 or more or expend(s) a total of $1,000 or more in support of or in opposition to specified LAFCO proposals or proceedings, which generally include proposed reorganizations or changes of organization, may be required to comply with the disclosure requirements of the Political Reform Act (See also, Section 84250 et seq.). These requirements contain provisions for making disclosures of contributions and expenditures at specified intervals. More information on the scope of the required disclosures is available at the web site of the Fair Political Practices Commission: www.fppc.ca.gov. Questions regarding FPPC material, including FPPC forms, should be directed to the FPPC’s advice line at 1-866-ASK-FPPC (1-866-275-3772).